gFur PRO is an advanced version of our free gFur plugin. It supports skeletal and static meshes and has an advaced shader that allows you to blend between two sets of fur strand thicknesses. Furthermore, there is support for fur clumping, wind effect and the package contains a few more fur patterns and noise textures (plus the bonus deer).
gFur free and gfur PRO are available for Unreal Engine at the moment. Let us know if you would like to see a different engine supported.
• gFur shell generating component and gFur standard and advanced materials
• static mesh and skeletal mesh support
• highly optimized physics
• shell bias (pushing the shells to outer regions where slicing is the most visible)
• noise for shell vertices along normal to break up the slicing
Sample files, gFur materials/shaders and textures:
Content data coming with gFur and gFur PRO might be hidden by default. To get access to them, you have to tell the “Content Browser” to show you the plugin content.
Help and documentation:
• An introduction to shell based fur technique
• Creating “Spline Guides” and “Mesh Guides”
• Setup in Unreal Engine
• Textures and masks
• Optimization tips
• Creating and using LODs
• Generating fur guides in Unreal Engine with gFur PRO
• Grooming fur in Unreal Engine with gFur PRO
• Exporting gFur splines to Unreal Engine’s hair system