gFur is a shell based fur solution for Unreal Engine. It's free for non non-commercial use.
Commercial license for gFur 5.0 source code for one team.
Commercial license for gFur 5.0 source code for publishers and companies with multiple teams and studios.
Source code is available on GitHub.
Content and Examples :
• gFur shell generating component and gFur standard and advanced materials
• static mesh and skeletal mesh support
• set of in editor brushes for fur grooming
• highly optimized physics
• shell bias (pushing the shells to outer regions where slicing is the most visible)
• noise for shell vertices along normal to break up the slicing
Sample files, gFur materials/shaders and textures:
Content data coming with gFur and gFur PRO might be hidden by default. To get access to them, you have to tell the “Content Browser” to show you the plugin content.
Help and documentation:
• An introduction to shell based fur technique
• Creating “Spline Guides” and “Mesh Guides”
• Setup in Unreal Engine
• Textures and masks
• Optimization tips
• Creating and using LODs
• Generating fur guides in Unreal Engine with gFur PRO
• Grooming fur in Unreal Engine with gFur PRO
• Exporting gFur splines to Unreal Engine’s hair system